YouTube Creative Studio has a handy built-in tool – YouTube Analytics, which allows you to analyze the effectiveness of your videos and channel, and work with statistics, graphs, and reports.
Promotion through YouTube channels is practiced by many today. The main advantage is a huge reach, which makes it possible to declare yourself, your product, or your service to a large audience. With the right approach and choice of development strategy, you can achieve great results. 16 Ways To Promote Your Youtube Channel To Get More Views
Ways to get analytics data
There are two convenient ways to view account statistics:
- Built-in YouTube creative studio tool (own accounts);
- Using the service of analyzing pages in social networks.
Let’s start in order.
Analytics in YouTube Creator Studio
To enter the analytics section, you must:
- In the top right corner, click on your profile.
- Select the YouTube Creator Studio tab.
You will immediately see the performance of the latest video. On the left click on the “ Analytics ” tab
At the top you will see 4 tabs:
- The audience.
Let’s look at each of them separately.
The Overview tab provides key performance metrics for the channel and individual videos. The Key Metrics card displays the number of views, time viewed, and a number of followers. If you are a member of the YouTube Partner Program, you will also see your estimated income.
In addition, on this tab you will find the following reports:
• Usual indicators on the channel. The data of the entire channel or a single video.
• The most popular content for the period. Most viewed video in the last 28 days
• Current statistics. Channel performance for the last hour or 48 hours.
• Plots. The effectiveness of stories for the last 7 days.
By clicking the “ Details ” button, you will see detailed general statistics with specifics: traffic sources, cities, viewer age, etc.
At the top right there will also be a ” Compare ” button, where comparison is available by periods, years, and the first day.
The Content tab collects information about how viewers search for your content, interact with it, and what they watch. You can also view the following information in the All, Videos, Shorts, Broadcasts, and Posts tabs :
• Views. Views of regular videos, broadcasts, and Shorts
• Badge impressions and video watch time. The number of times users saw the video icon on YouTube (“Impressions”) and how many times they started watching (“CTR”) + total time spent watching.
• How viewers find your content, including video shorts and broadcasts. Information about the number of users acquired through Content Choice, Short Videos feed, Featured Videos, YouTube Search, Channel Pages, External, Unknown, and other sources.
• Card with key indicators. Badge impression video views, CTR and average view duration, number of subscribers, likes, and links sent.
• Key audience retention data. Which fragments of your videos are the most popular and keep the attention of the viewers?
• Best Videos/Shorts/Records. The most popular videos.
• Remixes. The number of remixes of your videos and their views, as well as the most popular remixes.
• Impressions of entries. How many times viewers have seen your post?
Pay attention to the following funnel, it will be useful for improving the quality of content and CTR:
The information on the Audience tab helps you know who is watching your videos. The key metrics card shows the number of new and returning viewers, the number of unique viewers, as well as the number of subscribers and sponsors. Youtube Advertising: How to Advertise on Youtube?
Also on this tab, you will find the following reports:
• Videos that grow your audience. Audience activity on your channel for 90 days.
• When your viewers watch YouTube videos. The activity of your audience by time and day of the week.
• Notifications for subscribers. What proportion of subscribers has turned on all notifications about your channel and how many actually receive them?
• Viewing time by subscribers. Distribution of viewing time on your channel between subscribers and other users.
• Age and gender. Demographics of your audience logged into your account.
• Other channels your viewers are watching. Competitive YouTube channels your audience is watching.
• Other videos that your viewers are interested in. Competitive YouTube videos your audience is watching.
• Most popular regions. Countries where your viewers live by IP address.
• Most popular subtitle languages. Subtitle languages that include most often.
The Research tab lets you see what YouTube searches your subscribers and other viewers are doing.
In addition, on this tab you will find the following reports:
• YouTube requests. The most popular searches made by your followers and viewers in the last 28 days.
• Requests from your viewers. What search queries have been made by your subscribers and viewers of channels with similar content on YouTube in the last 28 days?
How to view YouTube channel statistics from competitors
As you can see, YouTube’s built-in creative studio tools provide quite detailed information for studying statistics, but not everything is here.
Also, YouTube gives access only to the statistics of your channel. To view detailed statistics of a competitor’s channel, you need to use third-party tools. This is where YouTube creative studio analytics Tool comes to your rescue. What is Google Analytics, What Does It Do?
First, you need to log in to the service using your YouTube account. Insert the channel name or link in the search, select the period of time you want to study, and ” Download “.
You will have access to a large number of statistics and specific numbers, sorted by likes, comments, views, ER, ERView, VR, and date.
Pay attention to the general statistics for the selected period on the right side.
Unlike the standard YouTube creative studio analytics, here you can see likes, comments, views, and other average values not only for the period suggested by YouTube but for any period, including past years. 5 Ways to Make Money on YouTube
YouTube creative studio analytics Tool has the ability to download the report in Excel, PPTX, and PDF format.