Throughout history, humanity has wanted to shape the future, direct the energies around it, and challenge death or aging. That’s why spells, potions, and talismans occupy an important place in human history. Even in the oldest works of history, it is seen that people have used natural stones, plants, numbers, and symbols throughout time. What are Paganism, Witchcraft, and Wicca
In the world-famous literary series Harry Potter, young wizards come to Hogwarts, a mystic wizarding school, to teach magic and the science of magic. Let’s examine the potions and spells that we encounter in the Harry Potter series, which still maintains its reputation and importance today, despite the twenty years that have passed since its transfer to the big screen. Harry Potter Spells List: Names and Meanings
Harry Potter Potions List
Harry Potter Love Potion (Amortentia)
Ingredients used: Frozen Ashwinder eggs
Effect: Causes the drinker to fall in love with someone.
- Lockhart told students on Valentine’s Day to ask Snape to teach them how to make a love potion.
- Love potions are against Hogwarts School rules.
- Molly Weasley tells Hermione and Ginny about the love potion she made when she was young: Prisoner of Azkaban Episode 5, Goblet of Fire, Fantastic Beasts
Mandrake Healing Fluid
Ingredients used: Mandrake
This is a very powerful antidote to restore petrified people.
- Snape prepared this potion, which required ripe mandrakes in May 1993, to fix people who had been petrified by the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets.
- The problem is how petrified people can drink the elixir. Maybe Madam Pomfrey applies the elixir to the victims’ skin: Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter Pepper up Potion
Reduces the effects of cold and flu symptoms
- Madam Pomfrey had scattered a lot of this potion when an Influenza epidemic hit the Castle. Smoke comes out of the drinker’s hair. Also, Percy forced Ginny, who was looking sluggish, to take this potion (Chamber of Secrets, Episode 8)
- When Harry came out of the lake, Madam Pomfrey drank.
Harry Potter Potion of Luck (Felix)
It is a powerful potion of luck. It makes the drinker lucky in every job he enters, as much as the amount he drinks. The color is golden yellow. Its consistency is dark in color. You get unlimited luck for 12 hours with a very small bottle. Overuse is very harmful and dangerous. Its use in important events and tournaments is prohibited. 7 tips to lose belly fat faster
- Harry had used it before at Aragog’s funeral.
- Ron, Hermione, and Ginny used it when Harry went to the cave with Dumbledore to find the Horcrux.
Harry Potter Truth Potion (Veritaserum)
It is the most powerful elixir of truth. The drinker always tells the truth.
- Snape threatened to make Harry drink and talk about it.
- In Year 4, Dumbledore prepares this potion for Jr. He had given Crouch a drink and learned the truth.