The top ten most popular SUVs include 4 Japanese, 2 Korean, 2 Chinese, and 2 German models. crossovers have become the most popular class of cars in the world. Only in the first half of 2022, 14.8 million all-terrain vehicles were sold.
Experts on the Focus2move website provided interesting statistics. The most popular crossover in the first half of 2022 remains the Toyota RAV4, leading with 371,000 sales (2.5% market share) – with a very wide margin from second place. The second best-selling SUV was the Hyundai Tucson, moving up one place in the ranking, with 273,000 units (1.8% share), followed by the Kia Sportage with 221,000 units (1.5% share).
The Honda CR-V significantly lost ground, dropping from the second position immediately to the seventh. China’s BYD SSong showed the greatest increase in sales, rising immediately to 32 positions and entering the top ten.
The most popular crossovers in the world for 2022
- Toyota RAV4 – 371,000 cars sold
- Hyundai Tucson – 273 thousand units.
- Kia Sportage – 221,000 units.
- Wuling HongGuang MiniI EV – 202 thousand pcs.
- Volkswagen Tiguan – 202,000 units.
- Toyota Highlander – 186,000 units.
- Honda CR-V – 181,000 units.
- Mazda CX-5 – 171,000 units
- Mercedes-Benz GLC – 166,000 units.
- BYD Song – 163,000 units.