Each of us strives to make our gadgets completely private and secure, for example, by using locked passwords. However, there are times when you may forget your phone login password. Prostobank.ua will tell you how to get out of the situation when for some reason you cannot log into your phone, and how to unlock your smartphone if you have forgotten your password.
- Unlocking using a Google account
- Resetting all smartphone settings
- By deleting a special file
- Discharge the battery completely
- Unlock through the app
- Use the services of the service center.
We will also talk about how to proceed with unlocking smartphones of the most popular manufacturers:
- How to unlock a Samsung phone
- How to unlock iPhone.
To unlock the phone through a Google account
- Enter the wrong password several times until the “Forgot password?” message appears.
- Click on the button “Forgot your password?”
- Enter your Google account information in the appropriate fields
- Click “Sign in”.
Importantly! To perform this type of unlocking, the smartphone must be connected to the Internet (WI-FI or mobile Internet). If the phone was blocked without connecting to the Internet, there is an option at the top or side of the tab to turn on the Internet without logging into the system.
If you forgot your Google account password, you can restore it on another device.
If there is no other device at hand, there is an option to restore access to the Google account through the possibility of making an emergency call on a smartphone:
- Enter the wrong password several times before the “Emergency call” message appears
- Press “Emergency call”
- Dial the combination of symbols and numbers *#*#7378423#*#*
- Select Service Test – WLAN
- Connect to the Internet (WI-FI or mobile)
- Restore access to the account using standard actions.
Removing the login password through a Google account on a computer is possible remotely, which will reset all settings, including the lock screen:
- Go to the link https://www.google.com/android/find?u=0
- If you use several Android devices, you need to select the desired device from the list on the left
- Select “Clean the device” and confirm the actions
- Enter your Google account password.
It should be remembered that resetting settings and deleting all data, including the lock password, can be easily restored after entering a new access password and synchronizing your data through a Google account. This method will work when the Internet is turned on and the “Location” and “Find device” functions are active.
Resetting all parameters of the smartphone
This method will also help to solve the unlocking problem. There are no fundamental differences between different brands of Android smartphones (Samsung, Meizu, Lenovo, etc.). The essence of this method is the use of the Recovery menu, the transition to which each manufacturer has its own (in Huawei by simultaneously pressing the volume and power buttons, in Prestigio – by simultaneously pressing the power button and the home button).
Please note that in the case of resetting all phone settings, all information from the hard drive will also be destroyed (the memory card will remain intact). It is recommended to use this method of unlocking the phone only in case of force majeure.
To reset phone settings through Recovery, you need:
- Go to the Recovery menu (see methods above)
- Select wipe/factory reset
- Then delete all user data
- Click on reboot system now.
The volume (up-down) and power (select) buttons are used to control the menu.
Unlocking the phone by deleting the gesture.key file
It will help to avoid deleting all phone settings.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Go to the Recovery menu (see the previous method).
- Reverse data
- Go to the system.
- Find, select and delete gesture.key
- Reboot the phone.
After performing these actions, the smartphone will be unlocked.
How to unlock your phone by draining the battery
In some older models of smartphones, a method of unlocking the graphic key or pin code is possible due to battery discharge.
For this you need:
- Wait for the battery to discharge or deliberately seek it through the constant glow of the screen
- Enter the menu with power settings (when the charge is very low, there will be a corresponding message), while the lock will be removed
- Go to the security settings menu
- Disable the screen lock.
You should act quickly when searching for the smartphone security menu and disabling the lock, because you may not have time due to a complete shutdown of the phone (in this case, you should recharge the phone and repeat the actions).
How to unlock the phone through the application
A number of applications also allow you to unlock your smartphone.
For example, using the Smart lock application from Google, allows you to synchronize all passwords on Google devices. To do this, you need to connect a “trusted” gadget to your blocked smartphone via WI-FI or Bluetooth. After the two-way connection between the two devices takes place, the previously blocked phone will be automatically logged in.
The use of a Smart lock is possible only when both devices are in the range of the Internet.
How to unlock the phone using the service center
By contacting the service center, you will be provided with warranty and post-warranty repair and phone service services. However, it should be borne in mind that it usually takes a lot of time and will cost a certain amount.
How to unlock a Samsung phone using Find My Mobile
Owners of Samsung smartphones have the opportunity to unlock their smartphones using the Find My Mobile application, which is enough to be connected to the service and be in the Internet zone.
This method of unlocking a Samsung smartphone requires the presence of another mobile device, tablet, or laptop connected to the Internet.
To unlock a Samsung phone, you need:
- Go to the Find My Mobile service and enter the account (register)
- Select the “Unlock my device” tab on the main page
- Wait for the message about unlocking the phone.
After completing all the steps, you will have the opportunity to change the password or refuse it completely.
How to unlock iPhone
If you cannot log in to an Apple smartphone, you must perform a factory reset to unlock it.
It is important to remember that this procedure will delete the login password on the iPhone, however, it will also clear the gadget of all data – photos, videos, settings, etc. But, if you have an iCloud account, it will not be difficult to restore all settings.
To unlock the iPhone, you will need a USB cable, a computer (Windows or macOS), and iTunes (the Finder application on macOS).
- Turn off the smartphone
- Make sure that the smartphone is disconnected from the computer
- Bring up the recovery screen:
- On iPhone 8 and newer models, hold down the side button, connect the smartphone with a USB cable to the PC, and do not let go until the recovery screen appears.
- On the 7th generation iPhone, hold the volume down button, connect the phone to the computer via a USB cable, and wait for the recovery menu without letting go.
- On iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, and older models, after pressing the “Home” button, you need to connect the gadget to the PC via a USB cable and hold it until the recovery screen appears.
- Select the “Restore” option
- Follow iTunes or Finder prompts.
The system will “roll back” to factory settings, after which it will offer to restore data. The phone login password will be removed and the device will be unlocked